Monday, April 28, 2014

Thailand Week 37, 25 April 2014

Hey family! 
This week was crazy.  Transfers was on Wednesday!  And today is Saturday! So that means I'm in the office for another transfer!  I've been an office elder now for longer than I've had a normal assignment.  My new companion is one transfer younger than me and Elder Wolfley is a way solid missionary.  I've been here for what like 9 months in country?  And I've only had two areas so far haha.  A total of 5 companions though.  It's weird to realize that I'm not actually young in the mission any more.  Sometimes it's really easy to get worried and stress about all the things you think you can't do.  But I look back on who I was and I can see that I've changed so much.  I feel like more than changing me, being a missionary has just opened up all the potential that was there before.  I've learned so much about myself, about other people, and about the gospel.  This is definitely the best decision I've ever made. 
Ether 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
This week we have a baptism coming up! :)  We're super excited for her!  We've been teaching her for about a month now.  She came from a different Christian faith and she has really strong faith in God and Jesus Christ.  In our lesson yesterday she talked about how she believes God will help us but only if it's something we need.  She understands that trials are a part of life and hearing her testimony really brought the spirit.  :) 
Our van is still going strong.  I'm driving in Bangkok traffic like a Thai person now.  I can't tell if it'll make me better in America or not.  I just take over lanes and stuff all the time.  You have a sphere of influence on the roads.  Being in a big van we have a decently sized sphere.  You kinda just edge around and flow with all the traffic. They're going to replace our van and we might get an even bigger one. Like a 16 passenger van.  That would be nuts.  I'll let you know how it goes!
Mom I've eaten so much junk food lately.  Between your package and the package from Amanda I just have candy and stuff all over.  Elder Wolfley and I plowed through the rest of the nutter butters today.  We're going to make the cookie mix Amanda sent this weekend, it's just never going to end. Oh well I don't have to be in shape on a mission right?  I'll just run a ton when I get back. ;)  We're going to clean our house today so maybe we won't have ants in the bathroom.  We don't eat in there so I don't actually know why they're there.  But we'll take care of it. ;)  These missionaries were filling up the baptismal font the other day and a giant deadly centipede came out of the drain and was running around.  I saw a picture of it and it was like 15 inches long.  So freaky.  Luckily we don't have too many bug problems here haha.  
We're so pumped for May to come!  There's a mission wide goal for 3 baptisms per companionship and me and Elder Wolfley are going to work so hard to hit it!  With faith and hard work the miracles will come! :) 
Love Elder Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment