Monday, February 3, 2014

Thailand Week 25, 31 Jan 2014

Hey Family! :)

It's so stinking hot here.  It's been cooler for the past couple months but now it's getting warmer...I don't like it haha.  And it looks like it's way warm there too!  Why is the snow gone!!  Did it just wreck ski season?  I bet.  How's snow machining looking?

Mom someone finally cleaned our bathroom.  The apartment people came in and were working on the plumbing in our bathroom and cleaned and rerouted it all too.  It seriously looks different.  Like I didn't know that the tiles were supposed to be that color.  Pretty gross huh.  We still haven't gotten the chance to hire a maid yet. We keep forgetting and then someone yells out that this house is disgusting and we plan on doing it tomorrow.  We're determined to not do it ourselves.  It's like 15 bucks to get it all done and that's split 7 ways!  So perfect right! ;)  I promise I shower everyday and stuff like that though.  Love and miss you! :)

Dad I realized the past week or so, listening to some other missionaries talk and teach and stuff, that I don't know the scriptures very well.  Especially the Bible.  I definitely slept way to much in seminary.  So I've been trying a few different ways to study that will help me become a better scriptorian or something.  Today I read in PMG chapter 5, which is all about the Book of Mormon.  I really liked it!  I read all of the references it gives and stuff.  Most of it was about how the Bible and the Book of Mormon connect each other and teach together.  It was good.  There's kind of a mentality that you don't really use the Bible here because the church hasn't done a translation and so it's not quite the same.  But you can still use it.  I think I'm going to start trying that more.  I'll let you know how it all goes.  What do you do to study the scriptures better?

Nate. What's up.  How's life.  How's school.  How's skiing.  Can you ski?  Do you wear a big coat?  Do you have a best friend?  Does he have a big coat?  Can you name that movie quote?  I bet you can.  How about this one?  "Rico!  Did you reinforce the take off ramp?  No we didn't have time.  ... Excellent.  Vrroooom! crash!  Thud. *throw up noises*"   ;)  You'll have to keep a track of all the funniest movies we can watch together!  

Hey Natalie!  What's going on with you?  Do you like 8th grade?  Are all of the 7th graders taller than you? ;)  I'm still short.  Even for Asians.  I'm hoping I'll grow a little while I'm here but I'm not hoping too hard.  I'm getting pretty dang ripped though!  ;)  I bet I could throw a pig skin a quarter mile.  And even farther back in '82.  Do you have a date for valentines day yet?  

Matthew!!!  How are you!  What is your favorite snack/treat?  Right now mine is timtams.  I don't know if they have them in America.  They're cookies that you can bite the ends off and suck milk through them.  They're so stinking good.  We probably 'slam timtams" like once a week.  I have a bunch of pudding I need to still make too.  Food is so good.  I'll have to learn how to make Thai food for you all.  It's the most delicious thing.  But there's not a whole lot that can beat a hamburger.  Haha I remember when you were little and called them krabby patties. ;)  Do they even make new sponge bob episodes anymore?

I love you all and miss you! Have a great week! :)
Love Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment