Thursday, December 26, 2013

Thailand Week 19, 20 Dec 2013

So today is Saturday I know, but seeing as I just moved to the office to work as an office elder along with my two new companions, Elder Smith and Elder Cosper, Saturday is my new P-day!  

So that's my big news for the week!  This transfers meeting was seriously crazy!!!  Especially because it makes a lot of important work for us here in the office to do.  But I love it all.  We have a great area to work in with the Assistants to the President, President and Sister Senior, and tons of other great people I'm going to learn a lot from.  I'm in Asoke right here in Bangkok.  It's so busy and hectic but I love it here already!  It's a little overwhelming coming from P-lok where it's kind of quiet but the change is good and the experiences are completely different.  The first night we had to go help take all the missionaries who are going home to the airport at like 3 in the morning.  We do a lot of stuff that's kinda behind the scenes.  We're in charge of the mail and distributing it to all the missionaries across the country, it's pretty hectic with all the Christmas packages and stuff that are here right now.  I can get packages and stuff anytime now because it comes straight here! Not that you have to send another one anytime soon, haha. 

This is so weird, I'm still getting used to it.  We share a house with the assistants to the President which is way cool.  It's fun to be in a house with more than just your companionship!  And this house is way nice.  There's not a ping pong table which is kinda sad...but there are other perks!  It's actually an apartment and we have a little weight room with a ton of dumbbells and a couple weight machines!  And then really close by is this big field with a fut sol soccer court and tennis courts and stuff.  We're pretty dang spoiled here! We even get to drive!  We have a big creeper style van.  It's like an '08 Toyota journeyer or something.  I'm going to get my license on Monday I think. It's kinda scary driving around in Bangkok and stuff but we pray every time we drive somewhere.

I'm in a ward now!  We have a way nice church building and the few members I've already met are so awesome.  There's a lot that happens here in Asoke.  We get to meet with President Senior all the time and his office is right across the hall!  I'm actually sitting in our office right now using our computers.  I'm going to have to learn to type in Thai. It's hard because there are like 40 different characters all over the key board.  We inputted baptismal records the other day though and I was picking it up pretty well I thought, haha.  

I'm so excited to get this going and start really getting used to the work here!  It's way fun and this area is so cool!

I'm excited for Christmas!  Thanks to everyone that sent their support!  I love you all!
Love Elder Keller
เอ็ลเกอร์ เคลเลอร์

No comments:

Post a Comment