Monday, December 9, 2013

Thailand Week 17, 8 Dec 2013


Hey everyone!  

This week was good but pretty normal too.  It's weird, as a missionary things all kind of blend together.  It's exactly six months since I entered the Missionary Training Center!  That was so long ago! But at the same time it's hard to believe that so much has happened in between. Especially because I didn't quite understand everything that was going on for a chunk of that time, haha.  But Thai is getting easier and easier every day.

One thing out of the ordinary that happened this week was that I did a front flip off my bike.  It actually turned out better than it sounds like it would.  I came out of it with just a few bruises.  It's because I was wearing my neon yellow safety vest I'm sure of it.  We were biking and waved to some investigators we saw, and while we were distracted Elder Lucas started turning before I did and hit my front tire, which turned sideways and so my bike stopped dead.  I flipped over the handle bars and apparently rolled into it pretty well.  Honestly I don't remember anything besides laying there on my back.  But it was all okay in the end!

I read in Alma chapter 26 today about Ammon's joy in the Lord. It was really good to read about how no matter that they were depressed and wanted to turn back, the Lord comforted them and when they relied on his mercies it was all okay.  That's how I felt on Sunday.  We didn't get any of our investigators at church even though we expected quite a few.  I was kinda depressed and wanted to turn away but we still did our work and had a really good 2 hours of contacting.  We have a lot of good lessons set up this week because of it!  No matter if we feel weak and sad, we can rely on the Lord and all things are possible.

Love Elder Josh Keller

Elder Lucas at a place we found out biking

Big beetle I saw

Gecko that died stuck to the wall

My giant bowl of pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment