Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Last Week in Thailand, 24 May 2015

I want to start this final email with some of the things I've learned over the past two years. One of the biggest lessons I have learned is how to use faith, faith being hope, and belief in the absence of complete knowledge. Elder Holland said "In this world, everyone is to walk by faith." Nephi was led by the Lord "not knowing beforehand the things he would do." He walked with faith. Knowing that the Lord would provide. I too have a testimony that when we use faith we will see miracles. 

Another lesson I've learned is the joy of obedience. Nothing can compare to the spiritual confidence that accompanies spiritual and obedient preparation. It is always worth the sacrifice of consecration to be able to count on the promises from the Lord.

At some point over the last two years I got the notion and expectation that after my mission was over, I would be a perfect missionary. I would cease to doubt or fear, I would have perfect charity and be perfectly responsible. I have loved my mission and I have grown so much because of it, but I am so far from perfection. I thought that as potentially the most experienced elder in the world (being at the very end of the 2 years) I would have all the answers.

Here we are. And I don't have all the answers, but I know that our Father in Heaven does. I have faith that the path prepared by the Atonement of Jesus Christ can and will guide all repentant people back to our father's kingdom. I have felt his love and have been a witness of it. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Elder Joshua Keller

1 comment:

  1. Give a giftcard for a Priesthood Line of Authority for your loved ones. Cards will be cherished souvenirs for LDS priesthood holders of all ages and useful for missionaries

    ReplyDelete