Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Thailand Week 59, 28 Sept 2014

Suh go-n nuh kon (say the last o like in the word 'gone')

So that's how I would try and spell it (the name of the town where I live) in English so you can say it right.  Fun fact: in Thai the name of this town is spelled with all consonants and has implied vowels.  สกลนคร

This last week was a week with some trials and some tests of our faith for sure.  We started with some good goals and some promising lessons.  One investigator has been investigating for a little bit and we can tell that she is super humble and full of faith!  But she's also scared and timid.  We're going to teach her on Tuesday, maybe watch "Lord I Believe" by Jefferey R. Holland with her.  That talk works miracles.

Then we met taught this guy after church who is feeling guilty for something that happened like 10 years ago.  He hasn't been able to shake it!  He took our message and he loved it.  He was so willing.  We told him one of the things he has to do is come to church.  He started off nervous cause of his job but really without persuasion decided he would do it!  He said "I'll try.  Not. I'm going to be there! I'll go for sure."  We're so excited to teach him this Wednesday!

We got a video message from President Senior today, it was a call to repentance and a summons to more repentance and faith.  Our mission kind of faded for the past little bit but now we're back and ready to go!  I promise I'll take more picture this week...

Love you all!
Love Elder Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment