Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Thailand Week 55, 31 Aug 2014

Hey Family!
I've gotten so many pictures of Denali this week haha.  It's such a cool place to be!  But I'm gonna have to vote that Thailand is cooler. ;)  One thing I get to see here is lightning!  It's one of the few things Alaska is missing.  There are some Way intense thunderstorms that happen here.  I was SO close to catching a lightning strike on my camera....I got a flash and the ridiculous cannon noise that comes after it but not the actual bolt..  The other night some lightning struck way close to our house and the thunder crack woke us all up!

This week blended together so much I can't even remember what we did for a lot of it.  Lots of street contacting, quite a few lessons, and lots of prayers for sure.  We also had another baptism this past Sunday!  

Sister _ is so prepared and loves the gospel so much.  She's a young mother of two. We haven't met her really young son but her 5 year old daughter comes to the lessons and sat next to her at church.  She loves being at the church and is so happy there.

We also met this guy who is another of those people the Lord prepares!  We met him like we meet most people, walking around on the streets.  He's actually learned with missionaries one lesson before and apparently it stuck with him because he keeps the Word of Wisdom, Law of Chastity, has read to Mosiah in the Book of Mormon, prays every day, and can keep the Sabbath Day Holy!  Such a blessing to get to walk into these people's lives and see their experiences.  I've learned so much over the last little bit that me going on a mission will bring to pass much good in the lives of others, but that I'm actually here to become truly converted myself.  The Lord does all the real work and I have the priceless opportunity to see the miracles.  

Alma 26:14 Yea, we have reason to praise him forever, for he is the Most High God, and has loosed our brethren from the chains of hell.

15 Yea, they were encircled about with everlasting darkness and destruction; but behold, he has brought them into his everlasting light, yea, into everlasting salvation; and they are encircled about with the matchless bounty of his love; yea, and we have been instruments in his hands of doing this great and marvelous work.

16 Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.

Love you all!  We're going to a huge aquarium and wax museum today so I don't have a ton of time, I'll send you some cool picture next week! :)

Love Elder Keller


No comments:

Post a Comment