Monday, July 28, 2014

Thailand Week 50, 27 July 2014

Hey Everyone!

This past week was a big faith building experience for Elder Wright and I.  This whole week we just decided to step it up a notch.  Instead of the two hour contacting minimum we decided to bump it up to 2 and a half hours, we were more diligent about calling our investigators, and just focused more in general.  And we definitely saw the results.  

One of our investigators was our most likely baptism for this week.  And it was all looking good!  But then we called him on I think Thursday, and he said he wouldn't be able to go to church because of a work trip that came up.  His first report was that he wouldn't get back until Monday.  Well we knew that wasn't going to happen, he had to be baptized.  We held up our faith and just didn't even consider that it wasn't going to work out.  On Friday, after a whole day of faith talk and praying we called him again and his schedule was changed and he was supposed to come home on Sunday morning now!  Just in time for church!!  It was such a miracle and a blessing to see him get baptized.  He had been such a quiet investigator, it was hard to gauge him sometimes.  But his testimony about how peaceful he felt chased away any doubts.  And after wards he was able to help us teach his son and it was such a spiritual lesson.  This family of 4 kids and a dad lost their mom a few years ago and now because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ they'll get to be reunited.

This week we're praying and expecting more miracles. and we're going to work even harder for them! 

It looks like you had a ton of fun in Utah!  I remember that one time we played laser tag and I think it was me that gave Hayden a gun muzzle bruise under his eye haha.  

Mom you look good!  Sister Ference looked over at picture last week and guessed that you were my older sister not my mom, true story.  We go running for like 4-5 miles in the morning a few days a week here.  I've lost some office fat I think!  My face looks thinner than before.  But then the members buy us ice cream, fried chicken, and sticky rice.  It's a hard battle.

Dad you have a sweet beard.  After shaving every single day for two straight years I'll probably have to try out a beard at least for a little bit.  It's in my blood apparently.   I definitely need to shave more now than I did at the beginning of my mission.  Dad would you rather eat a fried fish that's been sitting out on the street for like 10 hours or eat a chunk of flour deep fried and filled with stringy bean paste?  Both options are available here.

Nate your shoes are sick!!  I'm gonna need to get a new pair when I get back for sure.  Will you keep up on all the hip styles and cool doos for me?  Or else I'll just end up dressing like a Thai person with a t-shirt with a dramatic picture of a sunset in a city and a poorly translated message like "Love is our friend.  It likes to make us hurt some time but it hold our hands always."  You see that kind of thing a lot.

Natalie are you excited for Freshman year?  Did you do that freshman orientation thingy yet?  I remember doing that and it was kinda boring.  Really all you have to do in high school is not care what people think and you're good.  

Matt you're looking good! Did you like go carts or laser tag better?  I think I would like Laser Tag. I practically played go carts driving around Bangkok in that big van.  

I love you all and hope you have a good time!  :)
ด้วยความรักเอ็ลเดอร์เคลเลอร์
Love Elder Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment