Monday, June 23, 2014

Thailand Week 45, 21 June 2014

Hey Family!

This has been a pretty exciting week!  So to start from last week, I think I might've mentioned a little bit before but I'll just go for it.  So last Friday (I think) we got the chance to go to a meeting with Elder Gong, the Asia Area General President, and his wife.  It was a really powerful meeting and you could feel that he was a general authority called of God.  He focused a lot on the doctrine of stakes and high priests.  It was all purposed towards the stake conference that we had last Sunday, but we'll get to that later. 

The next day we got a call from the APs and got an assignment to drive, chauffeur, President and Sister Senior along with Elder and Sister Gong around to see some significant places in the city.  It was a really unique opportunity.  We went to see an old palace place.  We didn't actually go into the palace but we got to see some neat stuff outside of it.  It was definitely a blessed day, we didn't get lost once!  Well we didn't pin point the location of that palace but we were able to ask and find it fast.  It was cool to spend time around such spiritual people and feel of the spirit they carried with them.  

Then Sunday was HUGE!  It was a combined stake conference and district conference for the Bangkok Stake and the Bangkok North District.  And Thailand got it's second stake!!  They really mixed it up!  They took the North District and made it a stake, then took parts of the Bangkok Stake apart and created the Bangkok West District!  So at the end they created a stake and then split one into a new district, which can definitely be a stake soon!  There's so much growth in Thailand right now.  It's a huge blessing to be a part of building the church here.  

So that Sunday was a huge event.  And then that evening we were invited to dinner at the Senior's house with Elder Wilson of the Seventy and the APs.  It was another blessing to be around these leaders of the church and to enjoy the success of the church here.  

So now that the craziness of all that is over we now get to deal with the craziness of transfers.  Next Thursday is the big meeting so before that we've got to get it all ready.  I'm pretty sure I'm moving out of the office.  It's been a good 7 months and I've really loved my time here but honestly I'm ready for a change.  Things are still good here but it just feels like an alright time to leave.  It's going to be a crazy transfers though!  11 of the 14 zone leaders in this mission are going home and so there will be almost completely new leadership.  I'm really excited to find out where I'm going and who I get to serve with!  I'm guessing I'll still be a district leader and that just makes this even more exciting, finding out who is going to be in my district.

Next week I'll let you know what all the news is!  Love and miss you!
Elder Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment