Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The First Letter, 12 June 2013

Dear Family,

I made it!  The first day felt long, and it didn't even start until 1:30.  From 6:00 - 10:00 is gonna be hard.  Our whole lesson was only in Thai...I picked up a little but not a lot.  The guys in my district are way cool.  Ian's friend is in my district!  My companion is Elder Watkins, he's from Utah.  He's nice but sometimes the conversations feel forced.  Tomorrow will be the first real day.  We have to do our first mock discussion on Friday all in Thai.  It's going to be way hard.  They just called quiet time, so we have 15 minutes until lights out.  I've never gone to bed at 10:30 in my life, hopefully I'll be able to sleep.  Mom I'm probably going to need a few things but I'm not quite sure what yet.  I'll let you know. Oh and I learned from the other guys that we don't actually go to Laos or Myanmar, just Thailand.


It seems like there are a lot of missionaries going to Thailand.  Twenty two  got here today and more will probably come soon.  I hope you guys did good at your soccer games!  There's one other elder who plays soccer, so hopefully we can kick a ball around.  Our district leaders told us they like to play volleyball on P-days. It sounds like it'll be lots of fun.  The most spiritual thing today was sitting with a ton of new missionaries and doing a sort of discussion with what they said were real investigators.  It seems weird that they would have someone do that but I guess so.


I love and miss you all so much!  I don't think I'll see emails until next Wednesday.  I'm not sure how the mail works either.  But We'll figure it our soon.  Hopefully somehow we'll get letters or emails going soon!  I love and miss you all!


Love Elder Josh Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment