Friday, January 9, 2015

Thailand Week 73, 4 Jan 2015

Hey Family,

So some kind of disappointing news, the lady and her daughters we've been working with didn't show up to church or pick up the phone.  We'll go and track them down and figure out what happened.  Right now our biggest goal is to instill a new culture in the saints here.  We need to help them grow and prepare themselves for becoming a ward.  We're trying to get them to start working with their friends and family more.  We're helping them get involved so they can help the branch grow.  There's a lot that we can do, but it doesn't compare to what 90 saints who are determined to help can accomplish.  I definitely didn't understand the significance of the McManus' coming into the church.  I now know what eternal significance that has.

Dad you're 48 now.  Pretty soon I'll be 20.  That means your 28 eight years older than me.  Coincidence?  I don't have an answer for that.  Elder Evans has an altoid can that says "Altoids were created in 18 something, 168 years before man walked on the moon.  Coincidence?"  That's all it says, it gives no answer.  It left me with a small gap in my soul...... I know for a fact it's not a coincidence that you're my dad.  I know that this is part of Heavenly Father's great plan.  Thank you so much for your example and how much you loved me these 2 decades.

That's exciting about the ward changes!!  Mt. Baldy....definitely not the classiest name in the world but I see how it fits. 

I hope you all had a great week! 
Love Elder Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment