Monday, October 7, 2013

Thailand Week 8, 6 Oct 2013

Hey everyone!  

This week was a little hectic.  One thing that isn't a huge priority in Thailand is being on time, or coming at all haha.  We had a quite a few appointments fall through this week. But we also had some way good experiecnes!

Our activities were fun!  I love doing so much with all the members.  There are so many potential missionaries in this branch!  I think there are 7 or more members that are planning on being missionaries in the next couple years!  I'll probably serve with some of them!  A lot end up serving in Thailand.  

We went to get ice cream on thursday with a bunch of the members, it was way fun.  And especially because I had 200 Baht free to Swensen's (the Ice cream place) because my group won the activity at zone conference.  

On saturday we helped a part member family move houses, it took from like 12-5, but it wasn't straight work.  We got to ride on the back of the big truck with all their stuff to the new house, that was way fun!  And it will probably make you cringe a little bit Mom! ;)  I promise I didn't almost fall off that truck!   And you should be so proud of me that I've only crashed my bike once!  I'm glad cars have such good brakes here.  

We've just been doing typical missionary stuff lately. Teaching, contacting, making calls, studying. But that's the way I like it. 

I'm jealous that you got to watch conference already!!  We wait until the week after and watch it along with the members who wait for the translations.  I'm pretty sure we get to watch it in English though.  We better...

Cinnamon rolls sound so good! We got adventurous and made garlic bread and spaghetti to break our fast yesterday.  It was really easy!  Mom if you know of any easy recipes let me know! 

How excited are you for it to snow??  It's weird to think about cold and snow.  I'm only cold when the AC is on and I'm all sweaty from biking in humidity, sun, and heat...

I want to see that video of us!! Did you notice that I was the absolute last person to get a new companion? That was stressfull.

Sunday we had a really good experience with an investigator who came to church.  In our lesson afterwards she told us how she just knew that the things in this church were true and that she needs to get baptized.  Her date is for the last week of this month!  I know that this church is true and that the Spirit of God really does touch our hearts to help us know truth.  It's in every single one of our lives, even if we don't see it most of the time.  

I'm looking forward to another baptism this week and another week of service!
Love Elder Josh Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment